Friday, February 5, 2016

Hello World Post

Hello World Post
I started taking guitar lessons so I could learn how to play my favorite tunes. I couldn’t imagine that music would become such a big part of my life after that. Now, I’m 22 and immersed in music 24/7 at a university. I can’t really see myself doing another thing and still be so passionate about it. I am majoring in Popular Music with emphasis on vocals and also doing a music recording minor so I could later on set up a professional studio. I’m also very into film music and videogames so I got into composing soundtracks on the side. Besides having a ton of music assignments, I really like producing my own songs and other people’s music because it gives me a truly rewarding sensation to every time I complete a song. After all, songs are like babies to us musicians.
Backtracking a bit now. Two years after finishing high school is when I decided to pursue music as a career. At that moment I was studying classical piano at a conservatory. Looking back, studying piano is by far one of the best decisions I’ve made but that’s a topic for another day so stay tuned!. Aside from wanting to keep studying music, I didn’t know what I had to do to find a place for myself in this vast music industry world. All I knew is that I knew nothing at all about it but now that I’ve gained more knowledge about how the life of a musician is, I thought of sharing it to the world with this blog. This blog is intended to be for anyone that is just interested in the music business or the life of a musician to anyone who is really serious about music and wants to make it in the business no matter what.
In some future posts, I will be covering several topics like home recording tips, advice on how to get better as an overall musician, ways to market your music and everything I believe every musician should know. I believe in giving back knowledge and I’m very grateful I had the opportunity to learn the things I have so far. You will be surprised with the things you can do at home without having to record your music in a fancy and expensive studio or being signed to a record label in order to get your music to the masses. It is just a matter of having the passion, keeping an open mind to learn new things and being persistent.
I know I still have a lot to learn about the music industry. I also know how lost I was when I first I started doing this as a career and how daunting it can get if you don’t really know where to start. That’s why I want people to know some of the things I didn’t know when I started. I will be learning more as I keep doing this blog by researching and giving you concise summaries of the different topics that I believe are most important. Anyway, I hope you find this blog useful in some way or another. Keep rocking!
wallpaper_1807.jpg
Related blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment