Friday, February 12, 2016

Learning Instruments on a Budget in an Effective Way

Learning Instruments on a Budget in an Effective Way
Maybe you want to start learning music and you need to pick what instrument to play or maybe you already play an instrument and sometimes you feel that urge to learn a new instrument. If you do I certainly get you because I feel that urge all the time! I feel very privileged for having teachers guiding me in my early music endeavors. Taking instrument lessons with a private teacher is not expensive where I am from (Paraguay) but it can truly get expensive in the US. The prices for private lessons with a good professor can be very high and it would be very difficult to have lessons several days a week. Luckily, we are living in a modern era where having a lot of money is not necessary anymore to be able to learn whatever you want and need.
I started learning guitar when I was 15 but that soon stopped once the conservatory closed one year later. I was very upset but I already had a good grasp on the basics on how to play songs on the guitar. Google and Youtube where my substitute professors at that point and knowledge was just flowing through me faster than ever. I realized that I’ve learned more from the Internet that with my real music teachers. One of the best things about it is that you can find tutorials and lessons on how to play pretty much any instrument you want. You have the option to stream free videos on Youtube as well as to sign up for websites where you would have to pay a monthly subscription. The cost of those websites doesn’t even come close to the price you would have to pay for weekly private lessons. An advantage of learning through videos is that you can always rewind them and you can watch it whenever you have time. That can be really important since everyone has a different pace when it comes to learning and you won’t feel obligated to do it.
 I decided I wanted to start learning bass last year and I was very pleased to find a website like scottsbasslessons.com. I can’t recommend that site enough if you are starting learning bass or if you want to get your bass playing chops to the next level. If you want to learn guitar I recommend you to check nextlevelguitar.com. The amount of work and time these online teachers put into their videos is truly astonishing. One thing I found very useful is that these websites dedicated to teach how to play instruments usually have a forum in which you can post and upload your videos so that everyone can comment on them. That feedback they give about your playing makes you want to improve even more. Being part of the forum forms a sense of community creates an opportunity to make new friends with the same interests you have.


No comments:

Post a Comment